Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Public transportation SUCKS

Can anyone tell me what is so fucking difficult about sticking to a posted bus schedule?

This morning, because my bus refuses to obey any sort of schedule, my commute took no less than one hour, 12 minutes. How completely and totally ridiculous and that? Angel and I were bitching this weekend about public transportation, and how the subway up in Gotham sometimes just won't come (much like the bus has been lately). And the sad thing is, there is no recourse for poor, stranded commuters like us.

You can't refuse to pay the fare. You can't demand your money back. All you can do is shoot the driver a nasty look, hop on board and try not to burn anyone with the steam still radiating from your body.

My poor roommate--who works at least 17 hours a day anyway--always has a 9 a.m. conference call, so he leaves with me, at 8. We only live a few miles outside of the city, so it shouldn't be a problem. The result? He is consistently late.

You would think the solution would be to leave earlier. But here's the thing: if I leave just 20 minutes earlier, and catch a bus before 8 a.m., I am in to work in 30 short minutes--WAY too early. Dragging through an entire workday is already hard enough, I don't need to add extra time for that.

Wish someone would hurry up and invent some kind of teleport thingamajig. That would make my life so much easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home