Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Or you could just leave your phone at home

In Australia, you can now get a service that offers to "blacklist" phone numbers before you set out for a night of drinking. The idea is to cut down on the number of drunk dial calls.

Here's the best part:
A survey of 409 people by Virgin Mobile, a joint venture of The Virgin Group and Optus, found 95 percent made drunk calls.

Of those calls, 30 percent were to ex-partners, 19 percent to current partners, and 36 percent to other people, including their bosses.
Their bosses? If you're calling your boss drunk, I seriously think you need to leave the phone charging at home...

Although I'm not much of a drunk dialer these days, I have had my moments, including one frantic call to an ex from a bar on M street downtown. I was hiding in the bathroom stall and Other Gus was trying desperately to climb the stall wall to forcibly remove the phone from my posession.

Again, repeat after me, Leave the Phone At Home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home