Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas Shopping

Last night, I finally decided it was time to start my Christmas shopping.

Well, technically, I've been buying odds and ends for my shopping list throughout the month--a gift here, stocking stuffer there--but I had yet to embark on my annual shop-a-thon. In years past, I would go out and knock all my gift buying out at once. I was planning to do it tomorrow night (coincidentally, the last night before I leave for southeastern Ohio where shopping is virtually nonexistant), but when I started plotting my route in my head, I realized I might not have enough time to get to every store I needed to hit.

I decided to make one quickie trip last night. Just an in-and-out-dash for one single gift.

We all know how those kinds of trips end up. An hour later, I was still aimlessly wandering the aisles of Target (not my intended destination) in a shopper's haze. I was surprised, however, by the absence of pushing, shoving, trampling, and general bad manners that I've become so accustomed to around the holidays. Everywhere I looked, I saw well behaved shoppers. Even the checkout lines, though long, found last minuters like myself waiting patiently. I found myself wondering: Is there something in the air? Is the Christmas music extra intoxicating this year? Are people just in a better mood for a change?

Though I didn't finish all my errands last night, I think I won't mind so much going out tonight. In fact, maybe I'll even take my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home