Monday, December 13, 2004

Not-so-Curly Girl

So at the insistence of a friend with a gorgeous mound of shining, bouncing curls, I set out to discover my inner "Curly Girl." I've always had wavy hair, but have fought with it constantly--either trying desperately to banish the wave and resulting frizz halo or futilely coaxing the curl to make a more prominent appearance. Looking at my pal's luscious locks, I couldn't resist the temptation of her promises. She handed me the bible for every girl with curly hair and encouraged me to follow the advice it laid out. She said I would see results. That I should unlock my inner curly girl.

Well, today, my anemic, Shirley-Temple wannabe 'do is less than glamorous. And I'm hoping the Curly Girl practice won't leave my head out to dry.

In the meantime, I found some reading for other gals out there who fight the fuzz--a collection of blogs for other Curly Girls.

Pass the hair gel and diffuser, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home