Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Shave and a Haircut (two bits)

Mansour, I'm so sorry, but I can't see you anymore.

I know, I've been with you for two long years. And you've been wonderful--you really have been--but the truth is that I found someone new. Someone who takes his time with me; who makes sure I am completely satisfied before we're finished. A man who has enough confidence to tell me his opinion and offer solutions to my problems. Someone who makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful woman in the world. I've found the spring in my step again. Just one half hour with my beautiful new man, and I am unstoppable.

Not that I never felt special with you. We've been through some tough times, after all. You encouraged me to stop being so stuffy and professional. To have more fun. And you started me down a wonderful path of growth. But it wasn't enough. I need more attention than you can give. I need someone who can nurture that daring side. Someone who truly cares about my roots.

Demien came into my life at just the right moment. I was ready for a change. My friends had met him, and said he would be great for me.

He wasn't just great, he was perfect. Attentive, thoughtful, communicative. Not the least bit pushy. When he held my head in his hands, gently massaging my scalp, I thought I was in heaven. And when we were done, my hair had never looked better.

So I'm sorry Mansour. Breaking up is never easy, but I know you'll be OK. It's just time to step it up to the next level.

My hair is ready for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home