Friday, January 07, 2005

Early job training

OtherGus and I were just out, enjoying the (finally) sunny weather at one of the cuter Dupont circle cafes, chatting about, among other things, the strategy behind one's first job. The question came up of "What did I learn/take away from my first job?"

OG is fortunate: her first job out of college was not only in the field where she still works, but she actually learned there skills that have served her quite well in her career. She stayed there for several years, even through a relocation from the Midwest to DC.

My first job? Hm... well, as a card-carrying member of the VRWC (Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy), there weren't many things I took with me to my next job at a PR firm. Did I learn anything at all there? Of course... don't date co-workers. Especially not ones that are technically your superior. Or are involved in another serious relationship.

I think it's an invaluable lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home