Thursday, February 03, 2005

Barking dog

Barking is an unusual sound in Dupont Circle, so I was suprised to hear it on my way back to the office after lunch.

It's not that you never see dogs in the area--it's actually a fairly dog-friendly place. Just about everytime of day, you see owners out exercising their pooches. But rarely do you hear the kind of insistent arfing that is usually reserved for dog parks and backyards, at least not on the city sidewalk.

But there he was, this beautiful black lab, tethered to the railing just outside of Chipotle.

And he was MAD. He was directing his full mental energy at the Chipotle door, angrily demanding his owner to please finish your burrito and get the hell back out here, pronto. Even other customers couldn't placate him; their friendly faces and gentle pats only temporarily distracting him from his wrath.

Actually, given the colder-than-expected temperatures, I'm sure I'd be pretty mad, too, if my friends left me on the sidewalk to brood they enjoyed a hot, delicious meal in a warm restaurant.

Poor doggie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home