Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Gee... Golly-ball

I ruined our volleyball game last night.

In the first of 3 games, which we lost all of I add, we were off to a solid start. Rotating to my favorite position, front middle, started a reaction that led to our team drying out quicker then a cats pajamas.

I made completely different mistakes on three plays in a row: knocking the ball out of bounds, ruining a set for the girl next to me, and palming the ball. Quicker than Angelina Jolie can ruin a marriage, our team spiraled to the level of a fifth-grade, short-bus-riding volleyball squad.

Sure, my game slightly picked up, and sure, there are five others on the court at the same time, and 11 of us total sharing a similar hand in a Monday night defeat.

ButI started it. I was Pickett's ill-fated charge.

Flog me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home