Monday, March 28, 2005

Goodbyes

I have such a hard time saying goodbye to people. Whether it's my mom and dad, Angel, my grandparents, my brother and Val... I always seem to get just a little misty when it's time to go. I linger just a half a second too long in those big goodbye hugs--only seconds away from needing to be pried away.

It's especially hard to say goodbye to the people you love so dearly but don't have the luxury of being around all the time. The older I get, the more I appreciate the smaller moments I get to spend with those people. Sometimes just sitting in a cafe, having a mundane breakfast with my parents, is more satisfying than any wild, elaborate vacation could ever be.

But then breakfast's over, and they hop in a car and drive up the street, and I'm left behind. And I can't help but miss them before the bumper even disappears into traffic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home