Friday, March 11, 2005

Happiness is... a warm tummy

It's Friday morning, and I'm sipping on my favorite warm drink--a Starbucks tall skim chai latte. It makes me so freaking happy I could spit (except I wouldn't want to waste any of my precious warm goodness).

There's something about drinking warm beverages in the morning, especially on a cold day. Though I've never been a big coffee drinker, I can certainly understand the draw. Warm liquid seems to relax you--yes, even if it is so chock full of caffeine that you get the jitters for the next 24 hours.

For me, though, chai is the drink of choice. I can do cocoa, but it doesn't quite satisfy me the way chai does. Maybe it's the warm milk, or even the subtle spiciness in the taste. Whatever it is, that very first sip is guaranteed to send me immediately into a great mood. That's exactly where I am this morning.

And as for the title of this post--does anyone remember the old Peanuts book of "Happiness is" ideas? Where Snoopy and Charlie Brown gave a laundry list of all the things that make us happy? I'm starting my own list, beginning with the post title. So to continue, happiness is...

Fridays.
Making a giant breakfast feast for friends to provide a solid food layer for an entire day of drinking.
Sunny days and rising temperatures.
Suprises.
Gooey chocolate. (I miss it!)
Getting your work done early.
Happy hour with friends!

Anyone else care to chime in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home