Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Rainy day

Spring has definitely sprung--it's raining buckets outside my gloomy work window today.

I actually don't mind the rain so much, especially if I'm curled up under a pile of snuggly blankets in my bed at home (preferably with someone snuggled up against me--the dog doesn't count) and listening to the soft drumming of the drops on the roof and rain spout outside of my window. I like to hear the rush of a real downpour and then the persistent tap-tap-tap on the aluminum as it slows to a drizzle.

I like spring rain the most; warm drops that trickle down your face and drop off the tip of your nose. And as the clouds dissipate, the smell of warm, wet earth fills the air. It's almost like you can smell the flowers growing and the trees budding.

It amazes me how much good a solid rain can do in a few short hours. This morning, on my walk with Casey, I noticed some of my neighbors yards had miraculously perked up with their bath. They seemed greener, shaggier. Brighter. Can the rest of the green world be far behind?

Now if only the rain could do something about those damned cherry blossoms... I have two parents coming out this weekend who want to see some pink around the basin. Maybe today's rain will do the trick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home