Friday, March 25, 2005

Seen it

Have you seen the new video from that one rapper? Um, I forget his name. You know, the video where the rapper is surrounded by his entourage in a club, looking down at the camera, flashing gold. And there's the scene outside of the sweet cars pulling up with flashy rims. Oh, don't forget the numerous young ladies shaking their money-makers. You know which one I'm talking about, right?

I flip to MTV2 and MTVHits a lot just to see whats on, hoping to catch a U2 or Modest Mouse video, and the above is all I see. Besides some creative artists like Ludicris and Outcast, every frickin' rap video is a bunch of guys hopping up and down in jerseys! Its like we should give them a creative award for introducing the term "crunk."

I'm not complaining, or trying to say "back in my day," or making Dave Berry-esque observations for caucasians. I'm just wondering why rap artists are all about making a product that blends in rather than stands out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home