Monday, March 21, 2005

Spring Break '05

On this first day of spring, what better way to start the season than to take a well deserved vacation?

That's exactly what two of the Roogies are doing this week--Other Gus in the Canary Islands and the Angel in Brazil. I'd like to pretend I'm not jealous, but let's face it, staying here in 50 degree weather in the Nation's Capital just doesn't measure up to such exotic travels.

When I was in high school and college, I rarely took advantage of the spring break. I think I went to Florida twice--once in high school with my cousin, once in college with Angel--and both times, I stayed with family. There were no crazy late nights of clubbing and drinking. No spring flings or hooking up with hot beach boys. Mostly sitting on the beach sunning and driving around, eating ice cream. Now that's what I call wild.

But now as an adult, I wish more than anything we could all have a spring break. Can you imagine if offices just shut down for a week and dispatched workers to do some globe trotting? I can assure you, I wouldn't take it for granted as I did in college.

If I end up at grad school next year, you can bet I'll be somewhere warm for that magical week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home