Wednesday, April 13, 2005

BUSTED!

I spent day in New York yesterday – I had a meeting with my NY colleagues and then spent the afternoon doing site checks for an upcoming event. Because of the multi-purposeness of the day, and because I hate looking like an out-of-towner while in NYC, I put a little extra effort into choosing my outfit trying to find the right balance between professional, comfortable and chic.

The day went as planned until my last stop. I had a bit of extra time before my flight, so I decided to stop at the Marriott Marquis to check out one venue that wasn’t on my list. As I was speaking with the events manager, the front of my shirt started to feel wet. I tried to subtly assess the damage and found that the dampness on my sweater had a thick, slimy quality to it.

My Alias fueled imagination took over and I knew immediately I had been shot and was bleeding. Since it didn’t hurt and I didn't see red, I figured I would survived the assassination attempt, and finished my meeting.

Finally, I stepped into the restroom and found out the real culprit – my water bra had burst and the “secret gel formula” was oozing out!

All that concern about the outfit, and what I really needed was something waterproof!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home