Friday, April 22, 2005

Pure Garbage

Last night I saw Garbage at the 930 Club, a band I've now seen on each of their four tours promoting their albums. Once again, the band put on an arena-sized show in a club sized setting. The sound system was brilliant, and they're using a light technology similar to what U2 is currently using on the Vertigo Tour. I was fortunate enough to get about 20 feet from the stage with the lady-friend.

Shirley Manson's red hair is back, darker and longer than ever. The blue eye-shadowed vixen prowled the stage with a presence that said "I am sexuality" in an open-backed, leg-flattering dress.... mmmmm.... Wait, where were we? Oh yeah. After coming out for the encore, we noticed the thick strap on her back of what looked to be a sports bra. During the third song of the encore, "Sex is not the Enemy," Shirley pulled down the front of her dress, showing a beige wrap fully covering her breasts. On first look, if you didn't notice the strap, you might have briefly thought she showed her breasts. But it was clear she was fully wrapped up.

Yet, right as she did that, cops immediately came out of nowhere, storming the stage, pulling her off, grabbing the mic, and announcing show was over. The band was stunned. I heard on the radio this morning Shirley was seen in the back of a cop car. The police were obviously waiting for her to do that. But do what??? She didn't show anything!!! The whole crowd was stunned and most wouldn't leave, even with the lights on, until they started pushing the gate to clear the floor.

My first reaction was to try and help her, though fortunately my second reaction, telling me not to, “you moron,” quickly followed. Nonetheless I am perplexed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home