Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Today's a Sun Day

No one should have to work when it's this gorgeous outside.

Seriously, today is the kind of day that you only get a few times a year--low humidity; warm temperatures; clear, blue, cloudless sky; trees all a-bloom. Since this weather is so infrequent, I'm in favor of declaring "Sun Days." You know, instead of cancelling work because the weather is so heinous that you can't even get out your front door, why not cancel it because it's simply to nice to go to work?

Think about it. How many people can actually get work done when it's like this outside? You spend just 20 minutes walking to get your sandwich at lunchtime, and the temptation is just too great to not go back. If you have a window in your office, like I do, you spend half of the day gazing out longingly at the happy walkers outside, enjoying the weather.

I would guess that productivity at most companies is at its lowest rates when people are desperate for some sun--especially after a particularly long and painful bout of rain and cold temperatures. And that's to say nothing of the number of people who actually DO take Sun Days, under the guise of being "sick." Sure, buddy, your allergies are just killing you, I know it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I feel a bit of a cough coming on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home