Monday, May 09, 2005

Whatever happened to wine in a bag?

I joined a book club, and though I have yet to make it to one of our discussions (or actually read one of our selections), I'm actually excited about our new title: Fast Food Nation. Of course, as we began planning the event in June, the topic of food came up. The party's hostess-to-be suggested McDonalds, which raised the inevitable question: What wine goes with Big Macs?

Why, Boone's Farm wines, of course!

Seriously, I hadn't thought about Boones in years. It's not that I'm a wine snob, because really, I'm not. I've only just begun learning about wine and how to drink it and what flavors go with what food dishes. But I'm not even sure that Boone's qualifies as wine. Is it a wine cooler? A real wine?

I consulted the Internets to see what they had to say about the subject, and *GASP* I could find no trace of Boone's online. Who makes it? How can I track it down? Can you even still buy Boone's in stores?

Maybe we should have a Boone's party, relive the glory days of underage drinking. I could use my own bottle of Fuzzy Navel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home