Monday, August 01, 2005

Moving sucks

OK, so went to Evanston last week and got to see the house (adorable though the bedrooms are all pretty small). We spent some time wandering around the town, and I had to keep reminding myself that I was going to be living there in just over a month. It all felt surreal.

Well, now back in DC, I have to get to the business of finalizing my life here (closing utilities, forwarding address, etc.) and figuring out how to get from here to there.

Except it's DAMN expensive.

When my parents moved me out here six years ago, I think they rented a small moving van and it cost $400, tops. Well, now I can't seem to find a quote under $700, and never mind I also need to figure out how to get my parents (or at least my dad) out here to help. He suggested finding a round-trip van instead of a one-way, but for a 2,000 mile trek, the cost just isn't feasible. I've even looked into those Pod-moving-thingies and those range from $800 to as much as $2,000.

Sigh. I guess things just aren't cheap anymore. If anyone else knows of some cost-effective moving solutions, I'm all ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home