Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Happy Midterms

Yes, that's right, it's midterm time here in grand old Evanston, and after about five days of nonstop studying and four hours of (really not so grueling) testing, I am more than glad it's over. As T pointed out today on the phone, I am now 1/8 through the academic work in the program.

I have to say, coming back to school was much more of an adjustment than I thought it would be. I wasn't prepared to study quite so hard; I wasn't ready to completely abandon any thoughts of having a social life; I definitely wasn't prepared to not understand what the f$%* my professors talk about half the time.

But the good news is, after the first round of testing, I'm feeling OK. Like maybe I can do this after all. And maybe, just maybe, do kind of well. Sort of.

Part of it is re-training myself not to be such an overachiever. It's been hard for me to accept that it's OK not to have the highest grade in the class--especially if it means you can steal several hours of sanity over a few beers and some new good friends.

So with that in mind, I'm skipping the books this evening and heading out for a well deserved drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home