Friday, December 09, 2005

Nomad

It's funny, being a nomad again after all this time.

There's a certain uneasiness that comes with feeling as though you haven't rooted yourself to any certain place. Driving away from the Windy City yesterday, I felt that uneasiness gnawing at my stomach. Chicago isn't "home" yet, but Ohio and DC almost both seem foreign to me as well.

That doesn't mean I'm not excited--I'm so thrilled to have three weeks of freedom and to be a total Lady of Leisure. And I'm fine with not being in Chicago, since few people I'm close to are actually staying there for the holidays.

I guess instead the concept of "home" should really be wherever the people you love find themselves--wherever that may be. Today then, "home" is Ohio, tomorrow, DC.

So now this nomad just needs to figure out what to do with her free time. Any ideas? (We've unfortunately already ruled out the panda, though I am dying to see him.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home