Sunday, January 01, 2006

Return to Chi-Town

Maybe it's because the air was warmer and the sky blue.

Maybe it's because I knew Rob was still snuggled up under the covers back at the house, here for almost two full days more.

Maybe it's because I spent the last night of 2005 and the first morning of 2006 with wonderful friends I didn't even know six months ago.

Maybe it's because I know this time next year, school will be a fading memory and I will be beginning a whole new adventure, whatever that may be.

Maybe it's just because the sight of a man in a bathrobe and slippers, sweeping leaves from the street, simply makes me laugh out loud.

Whatever the reason, I realized on my walk with Casey this morning that I'm happy to be back in Evanston, and I'm ready for anything the year may bring.

Happy New Year, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home