Monday, October 23, 2006

The loneliest number

This quarter, I'm taking a class at the business school--the only one from my program in the class. Add to that the fact that the professor is one of their core instructors, so he knows everyone in the class. Add further the fact that I am an early bird by nature, and typically one of the first people in the class.

No one will sit next to me.

Seriously, the area where I usually sit is the only "hole" in the classroom, with two empty seats on either side of me. It's almost like I have some IMC disease... "You know, the Medill girl... if you get too close, you might catch it!"

If I were feeling more insecure about things, I'd think I had a body odor issue of some sort. (I could also go on here about my smellemia, the olfactory disability I developed in college which likes to rear its ugly head on occasion. But that will have to be another post.)

So you can imagine my delight when a girl in the class actually moved her seat to sit next to me at the break. I almost cried. I'm sure she will never sit next to me again, I was so happy to have someone to chat up.

I think next week, I am intentionally going to come in late so I have to sit next to someone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home