Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wide awake

It's six a.m., and I've been awake since 4:30. Add to that the fact that it took me an hour to get to sleep in the first place. I think I'm having issues.

It could be because the night before, I stayed in bed something ridiculous like 10 hours (which I never, ever do). But then I rarely have problems sleeping, so my guess is that it's more than just a sleep hangover, if you will.

My brain just doesn't seem to be able to shut itself off. I've been replaying in my head (over and over again) the job interview I had the other day. One of the biggest consumer companies in the world was here on campus and I managed to land their ear for half an hour.

When I left the interview--I felt good, that it had gone well. But in hindsight, going over it in my head, I think maybe I blew it. I bungled a couple of questions, I sounded unprepared and unsure of myself. For someone who's supposed to be trained in marketing, I've sure done a poor job of marketing myself.

I guess it wouldn't matter so much if I hadn't really thought the world of the company and wanted the opportunity to explore it a little more. The fact that their work overlaps so naturally with our program was a huge turn on, and their culture seemed like it was somewhere I would fit in and be successful.

I know, don't count your chickens before they've hatched, everything happens for a reason, you learn something from every experience, yadda, yadda, yadda.

But when it's six a.m. and you've already been up for an hour and a half, it's just really damn hard to bat away the demons of doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home