Thursday, November 02, 2006

Geometric print optional

Two of the girls in our program decided a few weeks ago that they should throw an 80s prom--a tribute to the glam fashion, horrific hairdos and plastic jewelry of all kinds. This immediately set off a flashback frenzy of looking for THE PERFECT prom dress.

Remember what that was like? How important it was to get the right color, the right fit... something no one else has. (I have to laugh here, because my junior year, my best friend and I--who shopped independently--showed up in the same dress. Different colors, but same dress. It was awesome. But I digress.)

Even though all my proms took place in the 90s, I feel pretty confident that at least one or two of my homecoming or prom dresses would have passed at this party without a problem. Still I decided that in true prom spirit, I couldn't go with a recycled option--at least not something I personally had already worn. Well, that and I think it would send me into a deep depression to see how poorly those gowns fit my now 29-year-old body.

Looking for inspiration, several of us immediately hit up eBay, the place where you can find IT. And find it I did. Check this baby out.

dress

Whadya think? Pretty hot, right?

The bad news is I think they are moving the date of the prom to the Friday that I will be in DC. But fear not, one of the activities planned for my sojourn to our nation's capital is a performance by the Legwarmers--an 80s tribute band. Costumes not optional. So it will be worn regardless.

Hell, I may even wear it to meet boys here in Evanston. Wouldn't you?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home