Wednesday, November 29, 2006

No soup for you!

So I found one of the best stories I've seen on CNN in ages... a listing of the top 100 TV catchprases of all time! Starting on December 11, TV Land will air its countdown special (a la VH1) to reveal the number 1 phrase of all time.

What is it? "Aaay" of Fonzarelli fame.

Most of the phrases to make the list I either have seen (even repeated) personally or have at least heard through pop culture references. Some of the older shows, like The Honeymooners or Jackie Gleason, I wasn't familiar with but could see how they might have had an impact.

I was shocked, however, to see a few newer series (Boston Legal, Nip/Tuck) included on the list with completely unfamiliar phrases. Does "Suit up" from How I Met Your Mother really deserve to be on the same list as "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" I'd love to see their criteria in compiling the list.

My own personal favorite? Rick James knows the answer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home