Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bed hog

I'd gotten so used to sleeping alone.

Only a few short weeks ago, I woke one morning to find myself sprawled out diagonally across my bed--using both pillows. Once upon a time, I had a "side" of the bed. I didn't mind sharing, but even after that went on hiatus, I still found myself sticking to one side, wearing down the mattress in a Sarah-shaped dent. So I was surprised that after only a few months, the habit was broken.

But now... now the bed is shared again. Worse, with a bed hog. I had forgotten what it was like to fight for leg room; to wake up after being kicked or to the sound of deep sighs and light snoring.

And yet, there's something comforting about falling asleep knowing she's nestled comfortably down by my feet. Or waking up next to a furry face, staring up at me intently, hoping to see me open my eyes so we can take a walk.

Yes, she may be a bed hog, but it's good to have my dog back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home