Saturday, April 28, 2007

Incoming

Nature has gone crazy.

I'll set the scene: Casey and I are enjoying one of our two daily walks. We're near the end, not exactly dragging our feet but not walking at the breakneck pace we typically begin with. It's a route we walk quite often, in a high pedestrian traffic area. We're walking along in the middle of the sidewalk, minding our own business.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a bird swoops down close to my head, dive bombing me so closely that I feel its feathers brush up against my cheek and hear the rush of air under its wings. It flies up to a high perch before then swooping again, this time to buzz Casey, who isn't nearly as startled as I am.

What the?!

This has happened twice. In one week. Two different locations.

The first time, I figured we had just walked too closely (on the sidewalk?!?) to the bird's nest, though I didn't see one in the meager tree we happened to be strolling under. But the second time--we were in a more urban area, a business district on a very busy street. And that bird was seriously P.O.'d.

I guess it's better than the alternative of being randomly pooped on (which has happened to me before--twice). Still, I think nature might have turned on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home