Wednesday, August 29, 2007

When Wild Dogs Attack

So I'm driving home from work, on my way to pick up my poor pooch who has been living at the doggie hotel this week while I gallivant around the country. I'm in downtown Dallas--actually, the "Oak Lawn" area, which is a nicer emerging neighborhood. I am at the corner of a fairly large intersection, waiting to turn left.

Across the road, I see a dog, then two, then three. The dogs all look similar: brown fur, long, sharp noses, tall, pointy ears. They are poking around the hedges at the corner, which help enclose a small parking lot for the business there. I strain my eyes, looking for their owner, as these well behaved dogs are not on leashes yet seem to be quite restrained and well behaved.

As I pull into the intersection and begin to turn, a puppy who looks like the dogs emerges from the hedge near the road. I get a full view of five dogs, one very pregnant, standing tall with not a single human in sight and not a dog collar to be seen.

Wild dogs?! In Dallas?! I didn't know such a thing actually existed in real life.

Random.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home