Monday, March 31, 2008

A bit of relief

My official return after a lengthy writing hiatus... and I choose to, what else, pose an important question:

Why do they make the stall doors on the bathrooms in airports open in, toward the commode, instead of out into the aisle?

It seems to me like a problem solved by clever consumer insights. People at airports are travelers. Travelers have bags. Big bags. And it always requires an extensive degree of acrobatics to first, navigate said big bag into the stall, and second, to maneuver it into a corner so that you may shut the door and then reposition again so that you may sit on the toilet, not the bag. Once you have completed your business within the stall, you again have to cram yourself against the wall to fit your bag out again.

It's something that bugs me every time I travel. Wouldn't it make sense to ease this frustration for travelers? I suppose part of the airline experience is having to endure relief in tight quarters, but really, shouldn't that be reserved for the plane?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home