Thursday, May 12, 2005

Candy grumblin

Ordinarily, it's my addiction to chocolate that gets me into trouble. Craving M&Ms, chocolate cake, you name it, I can never say no to something with chocolate in it. Which is party why for Lent this year, I officially took a much needed break from my favorite food.

Maybe that's the reason behind my lack of chocolate cravings these days. It seems lately, the only thing I'm craving is Starbursts. But I'm finding a terrible, terrible trend: I can't find them when I want them.

They used to be easy to get in candy machines. But our vendor at work apparently doesn't believe in them. Drug stores always have plenty, but not these days. When Rob and I stopped at the Rite Aid across the street from my house before a baseball game a few weeks ago, the "regular" Starbursts were noticeably absent. They had been replaced with the "Sour" Starbursts (which, I must add, were HORRIFYING).

Now that particular Rite Aid has supplemented the sour with "Creme" Starbursts. Though less offensive than the Sour version, they were still also highly unsatisfactory.

And today, the final straw: the pharmacy in my building at work doesn't carry ANY Starbursts at all.

What's with the revolt? The anti-Starburstism? Can't a fruity girl get a little love around here??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home